Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weak Floors

Weak floors are not one of my favorite things.

I was walking around at work last week (carpeted floors), when all of a sudden, my heel went down, got stuck in the floor, and I completely walked out of my shoe....ripping it. I was so stunned. I come to find out that there are "holes" in the floor at work and that I need to tread lightly.
WHAT?!?!
Now whenever I wear heels, I'm walking on my toes to avoid falling into one of the mysterious floor holes.
Ridiculous.

My other floor experience is with my upstairs neighbor. I realize we have wood floors and probably not a lot of insulation between her floor and my ceiling, but it doesn't help that she's a clomper. Yes, that is a word. She completely walks with her heels. Shaun and Christopher, I know you said I walked with my heels quite a bit growing up and it annoyed you to no end. I apologize right here and now.
I can understand and live with the clomping during normal hours; however, I believe this neighbor is a bar waitress or something, because she typically rolls into her apartment between 3-5am. Where she proceeds to walk around the apartment in high heeled shoes/boots, takes those off and throws them on the floor, and then proceeds to walk on her heels all around the apartment. A little respect please. I can't tell you how many mornings I have been brought out of my deep slumber by her clomping.

I wish you and yours strong floors.

No comments: