I was very blessed to have my parents visit me for Thanksgiving this year in Chicago! They arrived on Thursday afternoon, and I was able to pick them up at Midway Airport in a ZipCar. (Note to self, ZipCars DO get booked up around the holidays. I had to take the train into downtown Chicago, pick up the car, drive back up to my apt to load the car, and then drive through downtown back to Midway!!).
After I had picked up my parents, we then drove out to Plainfield to spend Thanksgiving night with my cousin Tim, his wife Evie, and a mixture of family/friends. We had a slight detour in the cornfields, but we finally arrived, unpacked, and headed downstairs to the Newman Bar!
Evie put on quite a spread for Thanksgiving dinner - so fabulous. My small contribution was Fried Green Beans - if you want the recipe, let me know!
The evening finished with a rousing game of Catch Phrase!
On Friday, we had breakfast at the Newmans and then came back into Chicago. When we returned the ZipCar downtown, we took a little walk in the chilly Fall afternoon. We spent a little time in the Christmas Village, and then went to have lunch at the famous Billy Goat. Cheezeborger, Cheezeborger, Cheezeborger!!!
The evening was topped off with attending a show of "Jersey Boys". Mama and Papa Z celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago. SO, as a gift, Shaun, Andrea, Colter, Christopher, Dustin and I purchased their tickets to "Jersey Boys". O what a night!!
On Saturday we went to uncommon ground for brunch complete with mimosas and a bloody mary. We then walked around the neighborhood and finally took the afternoon to relax at my apt. That evening we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo for the Zoolights. For those that don't know, they decorate the entire zoo with Christmas lights and you can just walk through the zoo getting into the Christmas spirit! From there we continued the Anniversary celebration and went to Zed451 - a Brazilian steakhouse. It was dad's first experience with that type of dining, and he is now a fan!
Such a wonderful Holiday weekend, and I look forward to spending time with mom and dad over Christmas!
I hope you all were able to reflect on things you are thankful for in 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment