Saturday, April 5, 2008

65 and Sunny

Well, my goodness, it appears that Spring has arrived. Amen! It was a gorgeous Saturday in Chicago today, and I finally had some energy to get out and around. Since I came back from MN, I've had a cold/illness and finally feel I'm breaking through it. Coupled with CRAZY weeks at work, I am ready to feel better and have some warm weather!!

Work has been keeping me busy, but I'm hoping there will be some slow down in the coming weeks. It's still good and I still enjoy it and my team is very supportive and helpful, so I'm not really complaining. (but honestly, you know how much I just LOVE working). :-)
I'm happy to report that I've had a few bites on the wedding business. A couple from Ohio is having a destination wedding in Chicago (approx. 25 guests) in August, and they hired me to help them find their outdoor ceremony location and dinner venue. And I'm close to finalizing a deal with a sales rep of mine who would like me to coordinate a corporate event for her this Spring. It would be a fun experience!!

I've felt so terrible over the past two weeks, that I haven't been out exploring the city, but that will change now....especially with nice weather rolling in. I'm hoping to have more exciting news for you then.

Hope the birthday folks enjoyed their special day -- Jen, Nora, Kris and Joe G. Wish I could have raised a glass with you.

No comments: