Wow. I know this is a serious post, but I couldn't let this day go by without a thought to what happened 10 years ago. It was 10 years ago today that I got a second chance at life and survived the car jacking and shooting incident in NE Mpls.
There still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about what happened. It's just one of those things that stick. But the hatred is gone, and for that I am thankful. I am also so thankful for the experience of the last 10 years - especially the people that have come into my life over the last 10 years. Tragic experiences do knock you down, but it is such a triumph to see yourself get back up again and live to your fullest potential.
Thank you to all of you who have continued to keep me in your thoughts and prayers and have occasionally been a shoulder to cry on, even 10 years later.
Love, Nikki
2 comments:
I don't think any of us will ever forget that day. I still treasure the art exhibit I was able to do with/for you. I love you, Sister and you ARE blessed. There's nothing you can't do!!!!
Happy to call myself one of those people who've come along in the last 10 years to help you celebrate life.
Post a Comment