Sunday, January 31, 2010

Book Review: January 2010

Since I have a lot of readers that are book lovers, I thought I would start posting about the books I've read each month. With my time off, I was able to get through a few books in January.

1. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
A very real and modern day look at caste systems in India, and how even with the societal separation, the bonds of women can be quite close and similar.
I recommend this book.

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Set in the 1960's in the South, three women give voice to their experiences as 1) a white woman, recently graduated from college, 2) a black woman hired to take care of white children, and 3) a very outspoken black woman hired as a maid while also providing for her family.
I highly recommend this book.

3. One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie
Who doesn't love one of her books? And I read this entire book while flying from Missoula to Chicago. :-) I still didn't figure out the killer until it was being revealed to me. And somedays the easy read books are the best!
I recommend this book.

Happy reading!

No comments: