Well, maybe it's not really a "tale", but it's an update for y'all.
One of the thoughts I pondered in moving to Chicago is why would I move to a city with the same climate as MN. I've asked myself this question a few times in the past month, and then I had to take a serious look as to why I would travel back to MN...to Duluth MN....on a January weekend. Of course I chose the weekend where the high temp was -9, but at least that helped my decision in packing clothes. Long underwear...check. Wool socks and boots...check. A few extra layers of clothes...check. What more do you need?
My frigid weekend in Duluth warmed my soul with my visit with best friends. It was wonderful to celebrate Lorrie's birthday and catch up with my crew. And we had plenty of time to catch up around the fireplace drinking some good beer and stuffing ourselves silly with home-cooked meals. And I hope you all have a chance to play "Pigs" with your best friends...it is truly an experience not to be missed. That's all I have to say about that.
From one weekend with friends to another one, I was tickled pink to have Lorrie visit Chicago this past weekend. While we had a chance to catch up in a local Irish pub over Guinness and our favorite Irish food; the highlight of the weekend was kicking up our heels at a Chicago nightclub. While I'm a year older, I can still party like a rock star on the dance floor, and pretty much had to be dragged off of it Saturday night. Just an FYI to you girls that are planning a weekend in Chicago...you've been warned.
I do have a couple of birthday shout out's to a great friend, Janet, and cousin, Devin. Hope you had a great day!
May you all be well as we see January come to a close. Stay warm, keep the pigs in the pig pen, and shake your booty on the dance floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment